Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday 27 October 2014

Gallery: 'Eye of God' Painting Sells for €10,000 in Bitcoin

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J



A painting depicting bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto sold for 35 BTC (roughly €10,000) at the most recent Inside Bitcoins Conference and Expo in Israel.


Called 'The Eye of God', the work was created by local artist Xania Dorfman and bought by Yoshi Goto, CEO of China-based bitcoin ASIC developer Bitmain. Goto got his first glimpse of the work when setting up his booth at the two-day conference, which ran from 19th to 20th October and included speakers such as Ethereum co-founder Vitalik Buterin and bitcoin developer Peter Todd.


"It was there, and it was tempting," Goto said. "I was thinking if I don't purchase the picture, I wouldn't have a right to make a copy or distribute it. I thought, maybe I was crazy, but I wanted to find a way to use it."


Continue reading at CoinDesk






via CoinDesk http://ift.tt/1rLGz9w

No comments:

Post a Comment