Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday 29 September 2014

Bitcoins and Gravy Episode #35 SolarCoin and South Korea

http://ift.tt/eA8V8J



On today's show I interview Nick Gogerty, co-developer and author of the SolarCoin white paper. Nick talks to us about everything under the Sun including Black Swans, Normal Accidents, Warren Buffet's Billion dollar Solar and Wind investments, and Nick's own book, The Nature of Value. Nick also tells us how SolarCoin works to incentivize Solar Energy use and production and how SolarCoin is one of the few altcoins in existence that has genuine Economic Utility.


I also interview Paul Bugge, an American teaching English in Seoul, Korea. Paul gives us a look at how the Bitcoin movement is beginning to take off in South Korea and how its definitely worth a visit - especially for the great food!


RSS Feed = http://ift.tt/1pRWzX4


CREDITS:

Nick Gogerty

SolarCoin.org


TheNatureOfValue.com

The Nature of Value by Nick Gogerty


"In the great tradition of Charlie Munger's 'worldly wisdom', Nick Gogerty delivers a multidisciplinary approach to finding investment value. Through brilliant graphics and a unique lens, he educates the reader on how to discern investment opportunities that go well beyond currently reported financial results to gain insights into how value shifts over time. Any investor who feels the 'value investing' paradigm is lacking in its ability to navigate our increasingly complex world will benefit from the tools Gogerty offers."



  • Paul Johnson, Columbia Business School

    Normal Accidents by Charles Perrow


The Black Swan - by Nassim Nicholas Taleb


Paul Bugge

Bugge.paul@gmail.com


Bitcoins Blues

Lyrics and Music by John Barrett

2014, RJM Publishing [BMI]


Wasted all my time back in '09, I should have been mining blocksNow all I've gotz a Dogecoin rig and holes in my Alpaca socks


I got them low down Bitcoin Blues I'm cryin

Hear the low down Bitcoin news I ain't lying to you

Low down Bitcoin Blues I'm dyin honey

Low down Bitcoin Blues


BTC convention came to my hometown at last

I had to sell my only bitcoin just to buy a 2 day pass


I got them low down Bitcoin Blues I'm cryin

Hear the low down Bitcoin news I ain't lying to you

Low down Bitcoin Blues I'm dyin honey

Low down Bitcoin Blues


Took a trip to China . . . town for Beef chow mein to go

Fortune cookie told me "We no taking bitcoin anymore"


I got them low down Bitcoin Blues I'm cryin

Hear the low down Bitcoin news I ain't lying to you

Low down Bitcoin Blues Im dyin honey

Low down Bitcoin Blues


Went up town to see my CPA for some advice

He told me death and taxes son and then just roll Satoshi Dice.


I got them low down Bitcoin Blues I'm cryin

Hear the low down Bitcoin news I ain't lying to you

Low down Bitcoin Blues Im dyin honey

Low down Bitcoin Blues.


Bitcoin Blues was Recorded live at the Laarzen Huis, Amsterdam, Kingdom of the Netherlands January 11, 2014. Many thanks to Jan and Marielle for the excellent voedsel!

; )


Special thanks to Alex Munoz Guijarro for his excellent pedal steel playing on many Episodes.


Interviews for this episode were edited and produced by John Barrett at The Tree House Studio - East Nashville, Tennessee.


Theme song "Gravy" by the band, Eleanor Roosevelt with Elijah "Lij" Shaw on fiddle.


And a big thank you to my sponsor The Tennessee Bitcoin Alliance:TennesseeBitcoin.org


Questions or Comments?

Bitcoins and Gravy Hotline: (615) 208-5198


Hey y'all! Leave me your questions, comments or suggestions about the show and please speak slowly and clearly. I would love to use your voice on the show and your feedback really is important to me!


(NOTE: If you would rather I did not use your voice, please say so on the message and I can simply reply to your question without using your voice).


Email me to say Howdy! howdy@bitcoinsandgravy.com


Visit the Website: BitcoinsAndGravy.com


Bitcoins and Gravy Tipping Addresses:


Bitcoin: 1ByqQXLTm9JZGSwnfqCCakaifBt3grQkXS

Litecoin: LgqYgxLTBPgr8C1JGLLJVLK4ZN1fveprAp


And if you don't feel like contacting me, just kick back, relax and enjoy the show. I hope you enjoy listening to my guests as much as I enjoy talking with them!






via Lets Talk Bitcoin! http://ift.tt/1pm9jVe

No comments:

Post a Comment